Metallics made quite the appearance on tabletops and in kitchens this year. While gold had the biggest comeback (especially in the form of flatware), silver, copper, brass, and other shimmery surfaces were never too far out of sight. From fanciful wine glasses to far-out edible spray paint, check out the year's best entertaining featuring gold and silver accents.
• Silver & Gold: DIY Decorations for the Holidays and Beyond
• Entertaining Elements: Setting a Green & Gold Table
• On Trend: Golden Wine Glasses
• Entertaining Elements: Setting a Warm Industrial Table
• All That Glitters: Online Vintage Finds for Your Holiday Table
• Get the Look: Black and Gold
• Setting the Table With: Gold Flatware
• Look! Shimmery Hammered Silver Cabinets
• Edible Spray Paint: Say What?!
• 3-Ingredient Cocktail Recipe of the Summer: The Gold Rush
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: as linked above)