We stumbled across this image from Elle Interior: Sweden and it reminded us of the 80's preppy/girly look...like if your bed belonged to a sorority. The bedding is from international retailer Gant Home. We could do without the giant Gant logo on the blankets, but the argyle pillow and mix of patterns are cool. Here's how we'd create the look at home...
• Use an accent pillow (like the argyle one shown) to determine the colors you'll choose for your bedding.
• Mix preppy patterns in the same color family: stripes, checks, plaids, etc.
• Mix textures: cotton sheets, ribbed wool blankets.
• Use both vertical and horizontal stripes in varying widths.
• Layer the bed with sheets, duvet, and blankets.
• Layer the headboard with a few pillows.
We're not sure if we're totally off in thinking this look is cool. What do you say?