The preppy look is still going strong and even if you didn't own a copy of The Official Preppy Handbook back in the 80s, never fear -- you can still "prep" up your child's room.
We loved this post on AT: Chicago that tells you how you can preppify any bedroom:
- Use an accent pillow (like the argyle one shown) to determine the colors you'll choose for your bedding.
- Mix preppy patterns in the same color family: stripes, checks, plaids, etc.
- Mix textures: cotton sheets, ribbed wool blankets.
- Use both vertical and horizontal stripes in varying widths.
- Layer the bed with sheets, duvet, and blankets.
Any preppy accessories you can recommend?