Did your ancestors keep any collections? Group them together in your own home to carry on the tradition.
A house is made of four walls and usually is full of objects intended for functional use. A home, however is more than just a place of refuge. For me, the things I choose to fill my home should not only reflect my personal style and create a comfortable environment, but they should be full of meaning and personal history. If you have a loving family, count yourself lucky, and pay them homage by including their memories in your home.
Some ways you can display family memories in your home:
Images: Amanda Johnson
- Display the collections of a loved one who has passed away.
- Tape or tack up some old casual snapshots of a loved one as a part of your own art display.
- Frame old letters or cards from family members.
- Instead of hiding away old craft projects from your family member, work them into a decorative display.
- Frame, hang, or display family heirlooms that used to live in boxes in your closet.
- If your belated loved one had a home-related pastime, take it upon yourself to continue it up on your own.