Everything old is new again -- and while it pains us to admit it, John Hughes' 1980s teen classic Pretty in Pink is almost 25 years old! And now, there's a new generation readily embracing the movie ("Blaine? That's not a name. It's a major appliance!") and the fun aesthetic that comes with. Andie's room was an eclectic mix of old and new; pastels combined with Mondrian posters and an amazing vintage green bedroom set. Her room was a great example of what we now consider "Shabby Chic."
If your daughter is eager to create a bedroom that gives a loving nod to the original, we've rounded up a few items that will help you on the way.
• Andie's phone played an important role in the movie.
• Two Mondrian posters adorned her wall.
• An overall of the room showcases her lovely vintage bed.
• The wall paper and curtains are a girlie and sweet combination.
• Princess Phone, $39.10
• Ogden Stripe Wallpaper, £2.37
•Alvine Spets, $14.99
•Clara Twin Bed $1,890
•Composition with Red, Yellow, and Blue by Piet Mondrian, $17.99
•Madeline Chair, $248