Letter openers have long had a place in correspondence, but with the advent of email, seem to have fallen out of modern favor. Though they're not used as often, the paper knife still serves a purpose: it opens mail cleanly and prevents the most annoying of of all accidents, the paper cut. Here are 7 options for a functional and beautiful object for your home office: 1. Brass pineapple letter opener, High Street Market, $16.
2. Rosewood handcarved letter opener, Etsy shop goodwoodstuf, $16.
3. Silver letter opener, Hannah Martin London, £170.
4. Bird letter knife, Rockett St George, £14.
5. Brass seahorse letter opener, Jonathan Adler, $98.
6. Uselen letter opener, MoMA Store, $30.
7. Ruled letter opener, The Curiosity Shoppe, $20.
(Images: as linked above)