A music stand is nothing special in the home of a musician — it's a basic necessity. But these music stands would do well in the rest of our homes, too, for displaying art or an open book. They're five cool designs that aren't quite what we remember from band practice:
Shown above, left to right:
• 1 An amazing, anthropomorphic music stand by woodworker Tim Lawson.
• 2 Look! Upcycled Music Stand
• 3 Custom tabletop music stand by River Run Woodworking
• 4 A music stand which once belonged to Ludwig Van Beethoven, via All Posters
• 5 A low, wide music stand displaying a book in Metropolitan Home, via Design Public's blog