Don't get me wrong, I don't have a scrap of pink or purple in my own house. And my walls haven't seen floral since my childhood in the 80s. There is something appealing however about taking a left turn from your usual decor and embracing the opposite once in awhile. We all get in ruts, and it's nice to branch out.
Of course, I couldn't go all the way down the road to soft and pretty. That pale pink needed to be grounded with some inky black. I also had to harsh it up with some metal. But there's a floral rug and there's white tufting. In my view this is pretty glamorous.
1. Pop Flower II Rug from Eastern Knots
2. Tom Dixon Copper Pendant from ABC Carpet and Home; $610
3. gus*modern gt Plum Tweed Rocker from ABC Carpet and Home; $995
4. Frosted Petal from Benjamin Moore
5. Village Table from Jayson Home; $575
6. Bronze Cat Sculpture from Ruby Lane; $625
7. Bert England Sofa from Assemblage; $6500
8. Kevin O'Brien Fingerpaint Pillow from ABC Carpet and Home; $91
(Images: as credited above)