The Toronto Interior Design Show 2011 (TIDS11) has yet to open but yesterday we were able to preview the show while it was still being set up. We're looking forward to Sibling Revelry, the unique living spaces constructed for this show by 4 Canadian design siblings including Sarah and Theo Richardson (shown here outside their project).
New products and designs will have their North American premier at the show. Shown in the photos:
• Theo & Sarah Richardson outside their project house built for Sibling Revelry. Theo Richardson is a co-founder of the design trio Rich Brilliant Willing and currently lives in New York. Their project house has three rooms, each focusing on a primary color: yellow bedroom, blue living room and red kitchen.
• the Ikea Canada booth with many helpers. The mass of light fixtures looks promising.
• the new limited edition outdoor collection by Alfred Sung in his favorite plaid. The collection will be available at The Bay. Prices in the collection range from $150 (side table) to $750 (love seat).
• one of 20 Vitra Panton Chair that were remade by Canadian designers and will be auctioned off for charity Casey House.
• an open Sibling Revelry space by Brothers Dressler made from repurposed window frames. Twins Jason and Lars are woodworkers based in Toronto. All the materials are local and most come from sites within 15 minutes of TIDS11. We can't wait to see the finished space!
• Miele's new steam convection oven will have it's North American premier at TIDS11. Five other Miele products, including a new white coffee maker with chrome accents, will also be premiered at TIDS11
• My and Thien Ta Trung putting together their Sibling Revelry space. The siblings work together full-time in their Montreal-based design studio Periphere, and their furniture collection is shown at Domison, their Montreal flagship store on St Laurent Boulevardl.
• Glen Dixon in his Sibling Revelry space, which will hold 1,000 paper cranes when finished. He and brother fashion designer David Dixon recently started a new company called Dixonhouse that will develop new lifestyle products. Glen is a host on W Network’s “Take this House and Sell it” and a judge on W Network's “Expert Challenge."
• the entrance to TIDS11 with a specially designed video for the show.
• Theo Richardson showing a new coat rack in the red kitchen of he and Sarah's Sibling Revelry project.
Toronto Interior Design Show 2011 opens today and runs through this Sunday January 30th, 2011. More information and a full list of events at the show can be found here.
Images: Rachael Grad