Mixing primitive, elemental materials and decor with a spare, modern interior has a calming effect that probably touches on something that's bred in our bones. Here, let's take a look at a few examples:
• 1 A 15th century house renovated by Christian Speck.
• 2 from Tyler & Sarah's Primitive Modern Retreat
• 3 Rondo fireplace by Germany's Redwitz
• 4 Lower East Side loft by Anima, image: Chuck Choi
• 5 A reclaimed railroad tie mirror from Hobble Creek Trading Co., $454
• 6 oak shop stools at Modern Fifty, $245
• 7 Tribal, 1996 by Rosalie Gascoigne
• 8 Raft Table by André Joyau
The Inside Man is our guide to interior style for guys. All summer long we'll be sharing inspirations, ideas and projects. Check out our Inside Man page for more details.