Depending on your art media (paint, wood, textile, etc.), art supply stores are often much pricier than stores that cater to non-artists. Here is my short list of handy art studio storage items and sources:
• Painting rags, large brushes, buckets, and tools are well-priced at hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowes.
• Inexpensive kitchen carts make for handy art tables.
• Matching bins and containers are great for organizing art materials. I prefer the clear kind so I can see inside. See this post on Sources for Matching Containers.
• Cutlery trays from the dollar store are an easy way to store brushes, paint tubes, nails and other small materials.
• Glass food jars are great for storing mixed paint and brushes.
• For storing paper, flat files and cabinets are best. See this extensive list of options.
What are your favorite art supply stores and storage ideas?