Project by: Lindsay Boswell and Ali Levin of LABLstudio
Location: New York City, New York
We recently completed an "Alpha Contemporary" space for a bachelor in his early 30's. It's a one bedroom apartment with bold lines and cozy elements. Vintage Esquire magazines our client had was the inspiration behind this apartment! Our client wanted to increase the value of his apartment with some simple, creative and cosmetic design solutions.
- Bed: Gus Modern, Carmichael Bed (purchased through Bobby Berk Home)
- Sheets: West Elm, Organic Ikat Striped Sheet Set, Sable
- Duvet Cover: West Elm, Organic Metelase Duvet Cover + Shams, Slate
- Pillows:Paul Smith for Maharam + CB2 leisure bright orange 36"x16" pillow
- Bedside Tables: CB2, Audrey Nightstand
- Lamps: JC Penney, MarthaLighting™ Faceted Shagreen Table Lamp
- Neon Art: Heartwork, Who Dares Wins Neon
- Credenza/Dresser: West Elm, Dumont Buffet V2 Walnut
- Chair: West Elm, Victor armchair, performance velvet, Moss
- Rug: West Elm, The Sweater Ruf, 9x12, Charcoal
- Curtains: West Elm, Studded Wool Curtain
- Side Table: Target, Threshold™ Accent Table Hourglass Wood
- Paint Color: Benjamin Moore, Cumulus Cloud 1550 on all walls except bed wall. Bed Wall - Benjamin Moore, Kendall Charcoal hc166
Living Room (+ entry/hall):
- Sofa: Crate and Barrel, Axis II 2 piece sectional - Rock
- Rug: Target, Threshold™ Gray Hand Woven Braided Area Rug - 7'x10'
- Coffee Table: CB2, Element Coffee Table
- Side Chair: Room and Board, Cole Chair
- Ottoman: Pottery Barn, Leather Cube Cover + insert
- Art: Marilyn, One of a kind piece by Tigi Van Gil, purchased at the Affordable Art Fair in NY
- Shelving unit with fireplace/wine bar: Custom design by LABLstudio
- Mirror: Lostine, Large Bloak Mirror
- Clock: CB2 Iron circle 30" clock
- Curtains: West Elm, Oversized Adustable Metal Rod + Painted Ikat Window Panels, Regal Blue
- Dining Table: Crate and Barrel, Strut 70" Work Table
- Dining Chairs: CB2 Reed Zinc Chairs
- Bench: Pottery Barn, Caden Equestrian Upholstered Bench,
- Art: Nick Veasey: X-ray Photography Shirt, for Restoration Hardware
- Arrow Hooks: Bend Goods, Arrow(s), Orange
- Paint Color (walls): Benjamin Moore, Cumulus Cloud 1550
Lindsay and Ali have also recently updated their website with virtual and in-person design services:
"LABL studio offers some really great budget-conscious virtual design services such as the "Remix" where we will help you choose some new accessories to give your space a whole new feel, as well as "Virtual Room Design" where we will design your entire room for you within your specified budget — everything from paint color, to furnishings and accessories — along with any tips and other suggestions we have. If you're in the NYC area we will come take care of your "Design Emergency" by spending a few hours designing and knocking out a full re-design of your space, leaving you with recommended paint colors, a new layout, and an itemized shopping list, all within your budget and specific to your taste and style."
More on their newly updated website! And more photos can be spotted on their Facebook and Instagram.
Thanks, Lindsay Boswell and Ali Levin!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.
(Image credits: Matthew Williams; Ali Levin)