• Hang a low tension rod and use under-bed drawers so kids can choose their own clothes.
• Designate shoe cubbies.
• Devise child-friendly solutions for organizing books and media.
• Install an extendable shower head for kids to wash their own hair.
• Create a rhythm chart so children can have a hand in planning their day.
• Keep a stool in the kitchen so kids can participate in meal preparation.
• Organize snacks at child-level.
• Store all kids' plates, bowls and utensils in an easily accessible drawer.
How have you organized your home to engender your child's independence?
Read more: Play At Home Mom.
(Images: Play At Home Mom)