Nothing says Fall like pumpkins. If left un-carved, they last for months. In recent years, varieties other than the traditional big, orange gourds have become popular and aren't too difficult to find. Here are 5 fairly simple ideas to spruce up your holiday table.
Shown above the jump, from left to right
• 1 Miniature Pumpkin Wreath - this DIY wreath from Better Homes and Gardens pairs tiny white pumpkins and pistachios for an unexpectedly elegant combination.
• 2 Pumpkins in a Glass Jar - If you are a collector of glassware, Hooked on Houses shows us a great example of how to use a vintage jar to display mini pumpkins.
• 3 Mini Pumpkins on a Platter- The simplest centerpiece of them all, Modern Vintage Homemaking shows us that adding fall leaves to a few gourds in various colors can have a big impact with minimal effort.
• 4 Metallic Pumpkin Candlesticks - Spray painting these clearly isn't as green as the other options, but I have faith that our readers can find the most eco-friendly way to achieve a similar effect. Blissique took these mini pumpkins and painted them to match vintage candlesticks. To make them functional to hold candles, simply hollow out each pumpkin to suit the desired candle.
• 5 Pumpkin Trio Centerpiece - By clustering several pumpkins together and adding wire tendrils and marbled paper leaves, Martha Stewart makes this fall centerpiece look easy.
(Images: As linked above)