We're at the end of our colorful Roundups and it’s time for purple. What can decorating with purple do for you? Think regal, dramatic. Purple is great for formal entertaining, like a dining room, or a simple way to bring luxury to a guest bedroom.
You can add to the richness of purple with other lush fabrics like velvet, heavy drapes and red accents. And to keep your purple room from feeling too heavy or dark, break it up with something bright, like crisp, white crown molding.
For more purple inspiration, check out Annie Werbler’s post Purple Rooms That I Don’t Hate.
Only one week left in Color Month at Apartment Therapy, just enough time to squeeze in a full-spectrum Rainbow Roundup. Stay tuned...
• 1 Patrick Hamilton's Purple Frames from the Big Window Challenge
• 2 Preston Sofa from Horchow; $3,500
• 3 Purple Chandelier on Ebay; $25
• 4 Lucky Strike Pillow from Jonathan Adler - $98
• 5 Salsa Stripe Dish Towel from Crate&Barrel - $4
• 622 In. Purple Planter at Home Depot - $40
• 73-Piece Drum Set from Vintage Drum Center - $130
• 8 Framed Alex Birdsall print “Hue Are What You Eat Purple” from The Future Perfect - $300
• 9 Vivid Purple Rug from House of Area Rugs - $60
• 10 Owl Pico Pillow from Areaware - $24
PREVIOUS COLOR ROUNDUPS
• Red Accents & Accessories for the Home
• Orange Accents & Accessories for the Home
• Yellow Accents & Accessories for the Home
• Green Accents & Accesories for the Home
• Blue Accents & Accessories for the Home