Needless to say I'm pretty angry since I have to get up for work relatively early. I've tried asking them nicely to keep it down or take it inside but the quiet only lasts for a little while. I usually resort to turning on my TV to try and drown them out but that's not exactly what I'd call calming either. I don't want to start a "war" but I'm all out of ideas.
Sent by Vinylcollectors
Editor - Noisy neighbors seems to be a common problem in urban, population dense regions like Los Angeles, where people can literally hear people's conversations and sneezes at reasonable volumes, let alone at party levels. To b honest, it sounds like you've been reasonable and accommodating, and at a certain point it is within the bounds of reason to say enough is enough and call the police. Perhaps some of your neighbors feel the same way and you can talk to them and make it known as a group that your neighbor's late partying ways need to be tailed back.
Anyone else faced a similar situation and resolved the matter without calling the police?
Here are a few posts from the past that might help, especially reader comments that share solutions about how to combat sound and the sound sources themselves:
- Noisy Neighbors and Outdoor Spaces
- Loud Sex Noises And Other Joys Of Apartment Living
- Noisy Neighbors
- The Lovely Side of Neighbor Noise
- Do You Share an Outdoor Space?
- Good Questions: How to Party Without P***ing Off the Neighbors?
- Dealing With Loud Neighbors and Soundproofing Options
- Being Neighborly: Loud and Obnoxious Neighbors
- Good Questions: How Do You Quiet Your Neighbor???