While not everyone has jumped on the QR code bandwagon, the codes themselves are strangely alluring, since they allow smartphone cameras to capture information quickly and easily. That being said, there are quite a few different ways that QR codes have been used over the last few years that make them unique. Here are some that we noticed recently.
1. QRistmas Wrapping Paper: This wrapping paper features a lot of QR codes, which will suggest gift ideas when they are scanned. The ideas include LEGOs, lipstick, iPods to private islands. There's something for every budget and they are sure an interesting way to wrap your presents during the upcoming holidays.
2. QR Code Jewelry: These fanciful rings and pendants from France integrate QR codes into their designs. You can even request custom stuff via their website. It's a unique way of conveying your love to your significant other.
3. The Wooden QR Code Stool/Mood Light: This QR code sculpture can't decide whether it's a stool or a mood light, but either way, it's an interesting rendering of something that was initially meant to be seen only in two dimensions. It was created by the German artist Elena Belmann.
4. The Random Tattoo: Once this QR code is scanned from the tattoo, it will link to a random video, picture, phrase, or tweet. Every time, something new will be shows. It's definitely a neat way of integrating technology into tattoos.
5. QRious Deco: This French company creates unusual pieces of art using QR codes. Even though you might think that the embedded codes won't work, they actually do.