Yesterday Sarah Rae wrote about her distaste for the absurdly high prices of duvet covers on the market right now. We completely agree that some retailers price their duvet covers a little high and frankly, we're in no position in this economy to succumb to those prices no matter how much we love the design. So, we've found five budget and design friendly duvet covers for under $100.
• OFELIA VASS, $49.99 at IKEA: We actually own this duvet cover and absolutely love it (the king size in the master bedroom, queen in the guest bedroom!). We've had it for a little over a year and it has stayed just as crisp and perfect as the first time it was put on the bed. It stands up to frequent washes with bleach as well.
• Fieldcrest Luxury Hotel Duvet Set, $79.99 at Target: If we saw this duvet cover on a bed we would immediately think it was super expensive. It has the traditional and sophisticated look of high priced bedding but with a budget friendly price. It's 400 thread count Egyptian cotton which is nothing to frown upon, especially for $79.99.
• Black Trace 3-piece King-size Duvet Cover Set, $59.99 at Overstock: Sophisticated yet young and modern, we really love this duvet cover. It's 100% cotton with an all over black and white print. This duvet could be dressed up with elegant bedside lamps and a chandelier or can be dressed down with painted white wood floors and rustic chairs that serve as bedside tables.
• Stripe Duvet Cover With Shams, $79.99 at West Elm: We are completely in love with this duvet cover, and we haven't even seen it in person yet. Of course we're obsessed with gray on Apartment Therapy and this duvet cover is the perfect combination of rustic and chic. It's of slightly less quality than the others (200 thread count cotton) but maybe we could look past that since it is so fun!
• Marimekko Ruutukaava Full/Queen Duvet Cover, $89.99 at Crate and Barrel: We really love the modern and artistic elements of this duvet cover from Marimekko for Crate and Barrel. It's a great opportunity to get a reasonably priced piece of art from a big name. Made from 300 thread count 100% cotton — this duvet looks great when paired with simple white bedding and a white bed. There's so much pattern that you'd want to keep everything else really simple.
What's your favorite budget & design friendly duvet cover?
Images: 1. Flickr User CityPix, 2. Target, 3. Overstock, 4. West Elm, 5. Crate and Barrel