Back in February, Bridget wrote us asking for ideas to make her pre-furnished apartment a more pleasing space for her temporary 6-month stay. She's moving out August 1 but did managed to put several of our readers' suggestions to work. We think it looks like tremendous improvement considering time and budget constraints! Follow the jump to see Bridget's list of improvements...
What Bridget Did:
- Relocate the bed against the window
- Invested in colored Naked Binders to bring visual continuity to the desk area. A bit pricey but they look great and will stay with me for a long time!
- Cleared the clutter — I feel so much happier in my space now that things are consolidated and put away.
- Stopped using that fluorescent light, for good!
- Changed the living room layout to accommodate all my new plant life.
She mentioned that due to the short length of her stay she decided to save her money to invest in window treatments, new bedding and artwork at her new apartment this fall. We think it looks like a much cozier space now — great work, Bridget, and best of luck as you graduate up to your own apartment this fall!