I have a small obsession with bringing home stray baking pans when I'm out and about thrifting or hitting up garage and estate sales. They can always be used for something, right? I usually use them in the craft room to sort supplies and in the garage to group items, but this idea of hanging them together opens a whole new world of possibilities. This idea stems from the folks over at Readymade. They've placed this idea in the kitchen, but we can think of several places you could put it to use. Dress them up with spray paint or even have them powder coated. No matter what finish you choose, you're sure to up your organization! Check out a few of our suggestions for putting them to use below:
• The Entryway: Need a place to put your keys? How about your mail? This simple set up will hold all of those and even your dog leash.
• The Bathroom: Little jars filled with essential daily supplies look cute in magazines, but if you're short on counter space then it might be easier said than done. Try hanging these tins instead to hold hand towels, small soaps and even lightweight beauty products.
• The Home Office: Although many desks have drawers built in to hold things like stamps and writing utensils, many of us have handmade desks that don't have this luxury built in. A set of hanging tins next to our work station could come in quite handy.
• The Nursery: This would be a great way to sort diaper changing supplies or keep small items grouped together for easy reach for parents.
• The Kitchen: Need a little fruit storage? How about silverware? Napkins? Recipes? Take out menus? Aside from your dutch oven, there isn't much you can't store in these!
You can check out this idea and more for controlling kitchen clutter over at Readymade.