Quinlan (8 1/2 months)
I am a huge Beatles fan, and for some odd reason the only nursery themes I could come up for my son with were Lennon-McCartney songs! Strawberry Fields Forever, Octopus's Garden, Rocky Raccoon, etc. But we ultimately settled on Yellow Submarine, combined with aquatic/underwater elements.
We wanted the theme and color palette to be bright and cheerful, to provide Quinlan with a visually stimulating environment. Just about everything on the walls - from the Beatles figurines to the sea creature decals on the wall above the changing table (lots of faces) - was carefully selected to foster his visual and social development. And we've brought in many personal and handmade items, including underwater photos by Quinlan's "grammy," and a blue and yellow blanket that I knit. Most importantly, our "client" absolutely loves it!
The color palette inspiration: "Sky of blue...sea of green..."
• Paint - Benjamin Moore's Sweet Pea, eggshell finish (Aura)
• Vinyl wall decals - Etsy, Fisher-Price
• Rug - Crate & Barrel
• Bookshelf - Pottery Barn Kids
• Glider - Dutailier
• Crib, Baby Changing Station, 5-Drawer Dresser - Romina Karisma
• Bedding - Carousel Designs (custom design)
• Yellow Submarine licensed figurines, lunch box, picture frame, clock - Vandor
• Yellow Submarine framed print - art.com
• Shelves - Boon
• Porthole mirrors - NauticalTropical.com
• Accent lamp - Kids Line
• Accent pillow - custom, sewn by Quinlan's Grammy
• Baby blanket - custom, hand knit by Quinlan's Mommy
• Mobile - Fisher-Price
Thanks, Kelly! Readers, see more of Quinlan's room at Interiors for Families.
(Images: Interiors for Families)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE