Location: Brooklyn, NY
When I found out I was pregnant with a Quinn, I knew I wanted her nursery to look like a girl’s room, but not too girlie; I wanted it to look like a nursery, but not be too cutesy; I wanted it to be calm and relaxing, but also fun. It was a lot of work, but I had a blast putting it all together and finding the right balance.
When I chose the gray paint for the walls, my husband thought I was nuts. "Are you sure you want to paint the nursery gray? Isn't that depressing?" I told him to trust me, and thankfully he did. I love how the white furniture and bold purple butterfly rug and lanterns pop against the gray walls.
My absolute favorite part of the whole room is Quinn's name in buttons. I saw something similar on a Pinterest board but do not have the "craft-thumb" to do anything like it. I mentioned it to my mother and she immediately said, "I'll do it!!' She sewed every single button on (we bought 300 of them!) herself, and I think it turned out to be an amazing focal point in the room.
- Paint: Martha Stewart Cement Gray
- Crib: Giggle Alex Crib
- Dresser: Land of Nod Blake dresser
- Glider: West Elm Graham glider
- Leather animals: Serena & Lily
- Bedding: Etsy Rocky Top Design
- Elephant Pillow: Etsy Cecil & Clyde
- Book Shelves: Etsy Old Bits of Wood
- Butterfly rug: ATG stores
(Images: Sasithon Photography)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE