Spotted on A Fresh Squeeze, this midwestern getaway offers an eco-friendly escape on the beaches of Lake Michigan. Newly opened on Memorial Day, Rabbit Run Inn combines "old world charm" with new construction and designer furnishings. A peek at the interiors and all the inn's green amenities below:
The green list:
* Geothermal heating and cooling plant (2008); individual thermostat controls
* Remnant stone counters on bathroom vanities and wet bars
* Low impact flooring
* Certified Eco-friendly linens
* Environmentally sensitive bath products
* Eco-friendly cleaning agents
* Over thirty new trees and plantings, surrounding excavated pond (2008) abutting natural wetland
* Natural stone pathways and parking lot
* Low impact landscape lighting
* Local wine
* Local food provided when possible
* Energy Star® laundry appliances, Plasma TVs
All Rabbit Run info here.
Via A Fresh Squeeze.