Growing up I knew there were two pieces of furniture that I must own someday: The Arco Floor Lamp and the Eames Lounger. I saw these pieces in close family and friends' homes, fell in love, and knew one day they'd be mine
. Throw in a few pops of color, lots of art and plants, and you'd get the makings of my dream living room.My ideal home would house those two mid-century classics, and then the rest would be a showcase of items from my world travels, lots of art, and thriving plants. I also checked in with the Mister to see what he wanted, which was a fireplace, so I threw a neat bioethanol one in for good measure!
Clockwise from top left:
1. Vintage Swedish Rug, at Mansour (no longer available, via Simply Grove)
2. Custom Dog Portrait by Dolan Geiman, $250 at Etsy — to have my frenchie always nearby and made by one of my favorite artists.
3. Porcelain Hanging Planters by Farrah Sit, $30-45 at Etsy
4. Aspect, at EcoSmart
5. Eames® Lounge and Ottoman (Designed by Charles and Ray Eames for Herman Miller®), $4499 at Design Within Reach
6. Arco Floor Lamp (Designed by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni for Flos), $2950 at Design Within Reach
MORE DREAM LIVING ROOM INSPIRATION ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• A Colorful, Vintage Inspired Living Room
• Regina's Happy Hodge-Podge
• Lindsay's Mix of Fun & Fancy
• Designing Around a Bold-Patterned Chair
• Classically Modern Living Room with a Splash of Green
(Images: Collage by Rachel Thompson; Images as Linked)