- Toronto Canada
- Inspiration for my palette:
- We were going for something dark and dramatic. We wanted the bedroom to be moody, interesting, comfortable, and inspire sleep-ins.
- Colors used in my room:
- Farrow and Ball's Pitch Black on the walls, the loveseat was recovered in purple velvet, a large ottoman was recovered in a black and white trellis fabric, we had the throw cushions on the bed made out of a coral velvet, and a white, ceramic deer head was hung above the bed.
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Don't be afraid of taking risks with color. Your space can be anything you want it to be - you live there and you deserve to love it. Sometimes choosing safe colors is actually the most dangerous thing to do. The safest is to pick something that you connect with instantly, even if it's bold, unusual or out of your comfort zone.
- Dark and Dramatic
More posts in Room for Color 2013
ATVideo of the Day