When it comes to fantastic kitchens, I know what I like when I see it. But as for what should be in my own dream kitchen, I can't think of much beyond lots of windows and pretty materials. It's probably because my husband does most of the cooking, and I do most of the daydreaming and designing. So I set out to create a blend of our dreams: aesthetics and function (and fun!).
In my dream kitchen there would be lots of light, white and wood. There would be a section of full height cabinetry that would store and conceal all my appliances and pantry items, because I don't like seeing that stuff. Then, a really awesome custom-made island with seating for my friends and family (not pictured).
1. No-brainer, hands down, must have are skylights and a lot of windows. I'd love to be showered with natural light as I'm in the kitchen, and have a great view of my beautiful (dream) garden.
2. FL/Y Pendant by Kartell from Lightology to add extra light and a nice pop of color.
3. B2 Kitchen Workshop from Bulthaup to conceal all the appliances, tools and everyday items, including a double-oven and an espresso machine (or maybe just a live-in barista?)!
4. Carrara marble countertops and backsplash. Sorry, I know there's a lot of people who are against carrara in the kitchen, but it's so beautiful and timeless, and in my dream world it's eco-friendly and doesn't stain. I love this Bianco Carrara Hexagon Polished Mosaic from Artistic Tile.
5. Induction Cooktop by Wolf: Cooking with induction appliances is so efficient, and they just look super clean and sleek.
6. I love this Perch Barstool from Anthropologie — and it will remain a dream because it's sold out.
MORE DREAM KITCHENS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Carolyn's Calm & Classic Kitchen
• Claire's Retro Chic Kitchen
• Regina's Rustic-with-Bling Kitchen
• A House Divided: My Husband's Dream Kitchen
• Eleanor's Industrial Warmth
• An Earthy Cook's Dream Kitchen
• Andie's Quirky Kitchen
• A Bright, Graphic Kitchen with Neon Pops
• Chris' Techno-Modern Chef's Kitchen
• Abby's Rental Kitchen Redo
(Images: 1. Lukiyanova Natalia / frenta/Shutterstock; 2-6. as linked above)