Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Los Angeles, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the family artwork that we have up, and the headboard that my awesome husband made. The storage that we have under the bed is sooo nice to have, and I'm in love with the grey that we painted the walls. (I may just give in and paint every single room of our apartment that color). Our room also gets the most amazing late-afternoon golden sunlight if I'm not too lazy to open the curtains.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I think it's really important to limit the amount of glowing gadgets in the room - they really disrupt your sleep! I covered up the light on the fire alarm, and we recently enacted a bedroom cellphone ban. Let's see if I can get the laptop completely out someday! Especially in a small space, editing is a constant battle and a huge necessity to reduce clutter and distractions. I also think it's really nice to have a limited color palette in soothing tones, but I let way more coral and orange sneak into the room than I was originally intending, which is nice in it's own way.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Our bedroom is so teeny (8x10) that we can't really have any of those "zones" or "seating areas" or "reading nooks" that everybody's always talking about. Well, maybe we could, but I think we'd have to make some hard choices about bed size and the ability to have bedside tables. We've worked really hard to make our room a functioning, streamlined, peaceful bedroom/terrier sanctuary. Sure, sometimes we hang out in there or read a book or cuddle with the dogs, but we don't work, watch TV, or even keep dirty laundry in the bedroom, and I'm ok with that.
See all entries