By now you’ve heard the news: Pantone chose Radiant Orchid as its 2014 color of the year. In the wake of the announcement, we rounded up a gallery of interiors that put this purple-y, pinkish color to use. What your take on it? Are you looking forward to seeing more of this color over the course of the next twelve months? Here are some rooms to help you decide:
1. The ever stylish Skona Hem pairs an orchid shade with orange for a bold and bright look for a kitchen.
2. Paired with black furniture for HGTV, this patterned wallpaper is super sophisticated and elegant.
3. More orange and orchid in this relaxed Bohemian living room for Country Living.
4. Valspar has a range of colors in its Pantone Universe Collection.
5. This closet from Traditional Home pairs an orchid accent wall with lighter violet, and thousands of jealous Barbie’s everywhere start re-doing their own Dreamhouses.
6. Try accents, in the form of a few chairs, if you have a hard time committing to the color. From House to Home.
7. This attic bathroom, from Design Inspiration, is head to toe in color and therefore no shrinking wallflower.
8. A snapshot from High Point Market earlier this year, captured by Alison at AHT Interiors.