A Pittsburgh-based design collective brings together a group of North American artists to tackle various political issues through remarkable prints and design.
Founded in 1998, Justseeds is a design and print-making cooperative comprised of 26 artists from the US, Canada and Mexico. Their work addresses various social and political issues, from war and the environment to gender issues and education.
"We believe in the transformative power of personal expression in concert with collective action. To this end, we produce collective portfolios, contribute graphics to grassroots struggles for justice, work collaboratively both in- and outside the co-op, build large sculptural installations in galleries, and wheatpaste on the streets — all while offering each other daily support as allies and friends."
In addition to their online store where you can purchase dozens of stunning limited edition prints, Justseeds also provides a "multi-voice" blog and frequently hosts readings and workshops at their Pittsburgh-based gallery and distribution center. Pick up a print and become involved by visiting their website www.justseeds.org.
1. Face It by Roger Peet. 19" x 25" 3-Color Silkscreen, $25
2. Bricks by Josh MacPhee. 19" x 25" Silkscreen print, $20
3. King Corn #1 by Mike Q. Roth. 12"x16" screenprint, $10
4. Escape by Roger Peet. 13" x 36" Blockprint, $40
5. Down the Drain by Roger Peet. 16"x20" 4-color Silkscreen print, $20
6. Faster by Roger Peet. 3-color silkscreen on heavyweight paper, $20
7. Jaguar by Kevin Caplicki. 12.5"x19" 4-color handscreened print, $30
8. Star Cutter by Nicolas Lampert. 19" x 25" two-color screenprint, $20
9. "Obtain a Yield" by Mike Q. Roth. 12"x16"screenprint, $10
10. Home Is Where The Cart Is by Pete Yahnke. 25" x 39" 5-color screen print from original linoleum block print, $65