We take a bath most nights before bed. While plain water will do for some, we like a bit of fun with our dunk in the drink. But we run through bath products pretty quickly. Since some of our favorites are made with ingredients like milk, we thought, why not? While we haven't yet filled our bathtub with jello, check what we're bathing in after the jump...
Try these solo or combine. Start with a generous handful added to running water. Adjust to your liking:
- Salt: Table or sea salt on its own or mixed with Epsom salts.
- Baking Soda: A great skin smoother.
- Milk or buttermilk: You can also use powdered milk. A great light exfoliant for the skin.
- Cornstarch: Mix it with powdered milk and salt. Good for soothing the skin.
- Honey: A great skin softener.
- Peppermint oil: A few drops in a bath is invigorating
- Vanilla extract: A favorite scent is soothing in the evening.
- Baby oatmeal or barley cereal: Works wonders on itchy skin.
- Food coloring: Add a few drops for fun!