I opened my eyes / And looked up at the rain / And it dripped in my head / And flowed into my brain. These lines from Shel Silverstein pretty accurately capture the way we've been feeling here in Chicago, where it's been raining for the past few days. In honor of the late summer storms, we've rounded up some ways to enjoy the great indoors...
- Boardgames are a tried-and-true rainy day activity. For suggestions, click here.
- Indulge your sleepy self by washing your sheets and taking a snooze in your newly laundered bed.
- Watch a movie. If you're looking for decor inspiration from your film, check out Apartment Therapy's guide to the top 10 most inspiring movies, as well as our suggestions for great interiors from classic Oscar films.
- Enjoy some music by setting up a "rainy day playlist" for yourself.
- Curl up with a book in your own personal reading nook.