- Aviva Stanoff
- Sample Sale & Open Studio
- hand printed textiles, pillows, votive holders, vases, coasters, placemats, etc. all made by hand in brooklyn.
- 10 jay street 903 brooklyn DUMBO
- fri 2-7, sat 12-6, sun 12-6
- St Paul the Apostle Church
- An art and antiques Fair in their basement auditorium - benefiting the very worthwhile Momentum Project.
- Today - Sun
- Photo New York's 2nd International New York Photographic Art Exposition
- Metropolitan Pavilion - 125 West 18th Street
- "A smaller venure and limited number of exhibitors means this show affords viewers more quality time with the still-extensive selection"
- Today - Sun
- Simple Shoes Design Contest
- Ending this week, it's a cool messenger bag design contest
- The Great East Village Bulb Planting-athon
- Hope Hall invites you to come and plant some bulbs in the little median strip urban oasis she helps care for on the corner of Houston and First avenue. BYOB.
- Sun 12-4
For more info, jump below. (Thanks to P2, Hope, Aviva & Vicki!)
Photo New York's 2nd International New York Photographic Art Exposition
"October 6-9, 2005
125 West 18th Street
Thurs Oct 6 6 -10 Preview Reception
$15 - 1 Day Pass
$25 - 3 Day Pass
$30 - Preview Reception
$75 - Collecting Seminars (these are guided tours each day prior to event opening, from 10-11 am, and 3-day pass is included in the $75
A smaller venure and limited number of exhibitors means this show affords viewers more quality time with the still-extensive selection, every bit as intersting as the work at shows three times the size.
Collectors seminars, opening night review benefit, and special seminar tie-in with SVA
the great east village bulb planting-athon
"ok, there is no race, there are no numbers involved. it's not an -athon in an any way. i am inviting you to come and plant some bulbs in the little median strip urban oasis i help care for on the corner of houston and first avenue. buy some bulbs this week. come by and put them in the ground before the frost. walk by every year in the spring and admire your handiwork and the ridiculously miraculous things that are plants that seem to come back every year despite the difficulty of it all.
spread the word, i need you and all your friends and even those people you don't know but somehow have their email address to buy some bulbs, come by, dig, bury, and then replace the dirt you dug up. it will only take a few minutes. here is the info:
peretz square bulb planting extravaganza
bring bulbs (i have some spades but if you can bring along your own, please do)
12-4 sunday, october 9, 2005
northeast corner of houston and first avenue, little park stretching east along houston toward avenue a
pass this email along, the more the merrier, and here are some suggestions on where to buy bulbs (most flower shops usually have a few packets, too):
brooklynites: this is the place in front of bam, on flatbush near atlantic
all types of bulbs at: Volume Flowers Incorporated, 115 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217, (718) 636-0020
manhattanites: this is in the flower district, where you can find multitudes of flower shops
amaryllis and paperwhites at: BILL'S FLOWER MARKET, INC., 816 SIXTH AVE., NEW YORK, NY 10001, 212-889-8154, Bill's Flower Market is conveniently located in the heart of the NYC Flower Market. Our address is 816 Sixth Avenue on the North East corner of West 28th Street. Our business hours are Monday - Friday 8:00AM to 6:00PM Saturday 9:00AM to 5:00pm Closed Sunday Phone: 212-889-8154 Fax: 212-889-2352
online-ites: google flower bulbs, i like http://www.americanmeadows.com/bulbs.cfm, they're in vermont and so they are nice. don't tarry, as they do need to ship out within a day or two.
cheers, and many thanks,
p.s. if you can't come sunday but want to contribute bulbs and/or time, please let me know and we'll figure something out
firstname.lastname@example.org . 646. 246. 8999 . 227 east second st 5b. nyc. 10009. www.hopehall.com"