We recently bought a duplex in Urbana-Champaign, IL, and we had to face facts that we didn't have much space to work with. In essence, we had to be smart. My wife and I enjoy DIY projects and finding cheap ways of making our place look better. We're not afraid of getting our hands dirty. I love vintage and re-conditioned furniture, because so much of the older stuff still looks so good, once it's been nicely cleaned up. Here are some of my favorite posts for 2010.
My Favorite Posts from Re-Nest
- Green Style: Old Nightstand Turned Super Cool Desk: Hacking old furniture into something new is a must to repurpose some of the older stuff that you can find.
- From Luggage To Laptop Desk With Storage: Has there ever been a nicer laptop desk? I love the fact that old luggage was reused in this cool way.
- Flickr Find: Computer Monitor Dog Bed: This is definitely a cool way or reusing old computer monitors, albeit it won't fit large dogs, it still works.
- Product Review: Z-Bar LED Desk Lamp by Koncept: I've always liked this lamp and I might purchase it for my next home office setup. LEDs are the way to go for energy efficiency.
- The 5 Devices that Burn Through Your Power Bill: Once you're aware of these, it's easy to save some money on your power bill.
- A Green City Guide to Berlin: Although I've only been to Berlin once, I was born in Germany and lived there for 7 years. Berlin would be the city in which I'd love to live.
- 10 iPhone Apps For the Green Traveler: iPhone apps are the way to go to save money and make life a little better.
- The Best Energy-Efficient and Water-Saving Washing Machines : There are more and more choices in energy efficient washing machines and it's hard sometimes to know which are best.
- Your BFF Might Be Human But Ours Is A Vacuum!: When you have pets, vacuum cleaners are a lifesaver.
- Gorenje WA60125: A New Eco-Friendly Washing Machine: Gorenje makes some sweet washing machines, and this is one of their most energy efficient.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)