Guess how much rain we got in Seattle last week? More than 3 inches. It was a wet Thanksgiving, and it made me want to light candles, put on my slippers, and bake cookies. During one of the downpours, I unearthed a very mod, very bright yellow lamp stashed in our basement that I scored for $12 a year ago. This pendant light may have to make an appearance in our house this winter -- it's like a ray of sunshine, and it'll brighten up any gloomy day. Here's a sampling of bold yellow lighting from around the web, including a simple, cheerful lamp from IKEA (image #8) and an elasticized fabric wonder that looks like a flower (image #2).
1. Perch glass lamp from West Elm.
2. Photo by Alisha Peterson-Irwin, from an Apartment Therapy post.
3. Muse 120 Ceiling or Wall Light designed by Sandro Santantonio, available at Ylighting.com.
4. Omikron Design Stockholm Ceiling Light, available at Ylighting.com.
5. City Pendant in Industrial Yellow by Schoolhouse Electric.
6. Visor Table Lamp from CB2.
7. Watt Table Lamp by BluDot.
8. KVART wall/clamp light from IKEA.
9. Image of an entryway designed by Molly Luetkemeyer, from House of Turquoise.
Images: As linked above.