We love a good reading nook. It's one of the most personal parts of a home, and the way it's styled says a lot about the owner. Maybe they're a creative person, with books stacked in corner piles, or maybe they're a neatnik with a perfectly alphabetized collection. The homeowners whose rooms are pictured above obviously love color and use it strategically by incorporating books into bright, welcoming corners...
• 1 This apartment from Innerspec features a mod, 60s-style book nook.
• 2 This amazing staircase is the most creative approach to book storage we've seen.
• 3 Anna uses wall-mounted shelving to create a bright spot for her books.
• 4 Emily and Craig group their books with colorful objects.
• 5 An orange reading nook from Sunset Magazine makes the most of a sunny spot.
For more inspiring reading nooks, see these posts:
• How To: Make a Reading Nook
• Good Questions: Creating a Reading Nook?
• Roundup: Reading Nooks
• IKEA Reading Nook
• Before and After: Nook by the Stairs