The easiest way to add color to a room is by painting the walls. But how do you infuse a room with color if you're not allowed to paint? Of course, there are many solutions — from decorative accessories and art to pillows and throws — but the biggest impact can probably be seen by introducing a vibrant rug. Lets see how these (mostly) neutral rooms get transformed by a colorful rug!
1. All it took was a rug and two throw pillows and suddenly this simple and neutral space is lit with subtle pops of neon. From Milk Decoration.
2. I've always loved Ione Skye's bedroom, but can you imagine the room having the same visually stunning affect without the striped blue rug? Domino via xJavierx.
3. This space is infused with personality through the oddly shaped, punchy rug with varying stripes. Est Magazine via Jelanie.
4. Glossy white is the perfect backdrop for this bold geometric rug, that also happens to match the blue chair perfectly. Bright red poufs round off the room.From Design Sponge.
5. This bright circular rug beneath a coordinating chair makes for a bold blue corner in an otherwise stark white room. Est Magazine via Apartment Therapy.
6. The gallery wall lends small doses of color, but the tribal rug offers the biggest splash of color and texture. Architectural Digest via Apartment Therapy.
7. A circular-configuration area rug grounds the room and gives the whitewashed walls a more modern feel. Dwell via Apartment Therapy
8. A vintage yet modern nursery goes beyond beige when it introduces a southwest-styled multicolored rug. Apartment Therapy.
9. Beige walls, natural wood elements and a dark sofa let this rug set the tone for the room. Apartment Therapy.
10. This could be color and pattern overload if it weren't for the neutral walls and complementing patterns. This space also shows you how coordinating curtains, pillows and a rug can together infuse a room with color. This look can be tricky to get right, but this room nailed it! Stacey Branford for Style at Home.