If you've ever tried to make your way through Rockefeller Center during the Holidays, then you may know the phrase "Buddy System" better than most. Like a magical oasis in the center of the seasonal mayhem, Real Simple has transformed a 15,000 foot retail space into a one-stop-shop that will help you find great gifts for everyone you know. One of our favorite tastemakers, Amy Feezor, has made shopping the store even easier by sharing the gems that caught her eye.
Trying to find the perfect gift for those ever-picky loved ones can seem as daunting as trying finding parking on Black Friday. That's why we're loving Real Simple's Pop-Up Shop, a life-saving (it is!) holiday hub where consumers can purchase unique gifts discovered by Real Simple editors, taste yummy recipes, learn about everything from wrapping presents to creating personal greeting cards, and even get a picture with Santa. The store breaks the 90+ gift ideas, ranging from a gorgeous dollhouse to clever stocking stuffers, into easy-to-cross-it-off-your-list categories such as "For Him", "For Her", and "For Home". Last evening, at the Pop-Up's kick off party during Rockefeller Center's Tree Lighting, we asked Real Simple Copy Director and the brains behind one of our favorite design sites M—Dashing, Amy Feezor, to cull through the products and give us her favorite picks from the store. If you're in New York now through December 6th, be sure to pop by Real Simple's Pop-Up Shop – trust us, the brand's tagline is "Life Made Easier" for a reason.
Amy's Pop-Up Picks:
1. Main Image
2. 33 Wines Journal and 33 Beers Journal: Another good excuse for another good drink. Available at pastoralartisan.com, $5 each.
3. Yedi Tea Tower: Four solutions in one. Includes a sugar bowl, cup, creamer, and, of course, a teapot. Available at uncommongoods.com, $30.
4. Emerson House Dollhouse from Brinca Dada: Every kid whose parent reads Apartment Therapy needs this brilliant modernist dollhouse (modernist dollhouse!) (with two fireplaces!). Available at brincadada.com, $329.
5. Crocheted Headphones: Undeniably cute. Available at uncommongoods.com, $35.
6. Cowboys and Indians Bag of Fun: Old-timey, plasticky fun. Available at spitfiregirl.com, $15.
7. Sage Candles: Pretty. Chic. Always an all-around good gift pick. Available at sagejewelry.com, from $26.
8. Shubi Shoe Bags: Shubi's bags have been a favorite of our staff for years. They're great for travel (and as a smart presentation with a bottle of wine at a holiday dinner party). Available at shubilove.com, from $24.
9. Sazón Mas Guapo: This spicy rub is perfection for my daredevil little brothers. Plus, it comes with a fake mustache, so there's that. Available at masguapo.com, $10.
10. Poochi Eyeglass Case: Made of silicone, these cases are unbreakable. Plus, they're adorable in person. Available at delight.com, $17.