Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- When my husband, dog and I moved in together, our friends thought that we were crazy -- that we would either kill each other or move out within six months. Two years later, we are all still happily sharing our 287 square feet! Over the last two years, we've found several advantages to living small:
1) Living small has encouraged us to be deliberate in our daily life. Everything from groceries to clothing is a thoughtful rather than frivolous decision.
2) De-cluttering our living space de-clutters our mental space. When we moved in together, my husband and I each got rid of over half of our wardrobe. While this was a painful process, afterwards we realized that almost all of the items we gave away hadn't been worn in at least a year.
3) Since we have such limited space, we need to choose to make room for the material possessions that matter most to us. We have adopted a lifestyle rather than a living space. Our new motto is "living small is the new living big!"