I feel a bit odd saying this in public because it makes me feel like a pop culture luddite, but I've never seen Sex and the City - the tv shows or the films. But, working for Apartment Therapy for years has shown me that people love both the show and the style of the interiors, so when I came across an Elle Decor feature that shows off sets from the new film, I decided to share...
Elle Decor has published a big feature all about the interiors of Sex and the City 2, featuring lots of photos and source details. Our favorite is Carrie's simple and sophisticated living room.
According to the article, it includes a Montauk sofa which is upholstered in a Donghia blue wool-mohair. The chairs are vintage and the floral rug is by Paul Smith for the Rug Company.
The ingredients that go into this style mix:
• We love how the dark blue upholstery seems to function both as a shot of color AND an amazing neutral in this space.
• The curved cornered coffee table. The shape is unexpected and the table seems super functional as well as being a strong design statement. The raised lip allows it to act as a big tray, confining all of the tabletop items.
• The skinny tall (shiny?) lamps that bookend the sofa. They are a touch quirky and therefore add a lot of style while taking up very little space.
• The symmetry of the two chairs and two lamps being broken up with the asymmetry of the pillows - three beige and one blue.
• The painting. The gold tone adds luminosity and a little bit of glitz but it feels more classic than flashy.
• The succulent arrangement - a modern touch that adds a little life (and one that even those of us with non-green thumbs can adopt).
Check out the entire feature at: Elle Decor
(Image: Craig Blankenhorn/Elle Decor)
MORE RECIPES FOR STYLE ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Recipe for Style: Shipley & Halmos Office
• Recipe for Style: Chic Living Room by James Rixner
• Recipe for Style: Opposites Living Room