I feel a bit odd saying this in public because it makes me feel like a pop culture luddite, but I've never seen Sex and the City - the tv shows or the films. But, working for Apartment Therapy for years has shown me that people love both the show and the style of the interiors, so when I came across an Elle Decor feature that shows off sets from the new film, I decided to share...
According to the article, it includes a Montauk sofa which is upholstered in a Donghia blue wool-mohair. The chairs are vintage and the floral rug is by Paul Smith for the Rug Company.
The ingredients that go into this style mix:
• We love how the dark blue upholstery seems to function both as a shot of color AND an amazing neutral in this space.
• The curved cornered coffee table. The shape is unexpected and the table seems super functional as well as being a strong design statement. The raised lip allows it to act as a big tray, confining all of the tabletop items.
• The skinny tall (shiny?) lamps that bookend the sofa. They are a touch quirky and therefore add a lot of style while taking up very little space.
• The symmetry of the two chairs and two lamps being broken up with the asymmetry of the pillows - three beige and one blue.
• The painting. The gold tone adds luminosity and a little bit of glitz but it feels more classic than flashy.
• The succulent arrangement - a modern touch that adds a little life (and one that even those of us with non-green thumbs can adopt).
Check out the entire feature at: Elle Decor
(Image: Craig Blankenhorn/Elle Decor)
MORE RECIPES FOR STYLE ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Recipe for Style: Shipley & Halmos Office
• Recipe for Style: Chic Living Room by James Rixner
• Recipe for Style: Opposites Living Room