Every year holiday sweaters are exiled to the back of the closet never to be seen again. Sometimes they're hideous, other-times just ill-fitting, but almost always they're perfectly functional warm fabric filled with potential. Before you stow away sweaters, think about the many ways knits can be used around the house. If you're handy with a needle and thread, some of these recycled sweater ideas could be fun DIY projects. Otherwise, you can buy re-purposed knit goods from several online sources. Pillows are the most common second-life for sweaters, but they can be used whereever fabric is required. Here are a few clever recycled sweater designs:
• Sweater-Knit Pillows by Angella Eisman, $27-$45.
• Felt Garland Multicolor Circles by Big Brown House , $26.
• Sweater Deer Head by Rachel Denny as part of her Domestic Trophies Collection.
• Green Recycled Scarfs and Mittens at Uncommon Goods, $8-$25.
• Coffee Cozy by New Green Mama, $7.
For more ideas, check out 100+ Ways to Reuse Your Old Sweaters! at Always Chrysti!
Images: 1. Daily Candy 2. Country Living 3. Etsy: Big Brown House 4. Shop Online 2011 5. Crafty Crafty TV