If you're handy with a needle and thread, some of these recycled sweater ideas could be fun DIY projects. Otherwise, you can buy re-purposed knit goods from several online sources. Pillows are the most common second-life for sweaters, but they can be used whereever fabric is required. Here are a few clever recycled sweater designs:
• Sweater-Knit Pillows by Angella Eisman, $27-$45.
• Felt Garland Multicolor Circles by Big Brown House , $26.
• Sweater Deer Head by Rachel Denny as part of her Domestic Trophies Collection.
• Green Recycled Scarfs and Mittens at Uncommon Goods, $8-$25.
• Coffee Cozy by New Green Mama, $7.