You know that tape collection you have? Think about it...do you still even own a cassette player for them? Yet throwing them all away just doesn't seem right; especially those mix tapes that you spent hours picking and choosing just the right songs for your slumber parties or road trips. With these ideas as inspiration, you can get crafty, feel good about recycling AND keep those sentimental items close by.
• 1 Originally we saw this on Unplugged when Patrick Schuur's design was for sale on eBay. If you have a large collection of tapes, this is a very possible DIY.
• 2 & 3 These lamps were created by Transparent House and were previously featured on Apartment Therapy Los Angeles. Obviously as a DIY, clear or translucent tapes work best and these include the cases.
• 3 Cassetta Mirror from Umbra. Probably one of the easiest DIY's here. Just pick a color, spray paint your tapes and glue them on a mirror! I quite like the silver.
• 5 & 6 Ghost in The Machine series by iri5 found on flickr. Obviously this person is very talented. I have a hard time drawing with pencil let alone with tape!
• 7 & 8 More lamps made from old tapes, this time by Ooomydesign.
• 9 & 10 Cassette tape coin purses. The first one is via Designboom but sadly sold out . The second one is a DIY by Chezlin.