The red bookcase featured in our inspiration room is a compelling focal point and anchors the space. The otherwise clean, bare walls allow the red shelves to be uninhibited — packed with books, collections and curios. This look can also be scaled down for small spaces. The adjustable tower in Photo 4 works for smaller books and objects as well as the DVDs it was originally intended for. If DIY suits your fancy, get this look by painting a bookcase you already own. Read more for details.
The bookcases featured here are made with solid pine, recycled paper, and long-lasting steel and acrylic lacquer.
Try painting a bookcase you already own. If you don't have one that'll work, try the one in Photo 5. It's water resistant and made of recycled paper.
1. Our inspiration room is a Park Avenue penthouse designed by Bunny Williams.
2. LINNARP Bookcase by Ikea. $249.00.
3. Elite Welded Bookcase - Red from Sandusky. $213.03
4. BENNO Tower by Ikea. $39.99
5. Madison Bookcase - Espresso by Way Basics. $92.50
(Images as linked)