This past year we introduced a new column, Redefine, wherein we asked artists to define one term involved in their process. Through this definition we were able to learn more about the artists and their creations, thereby increasing awareness and appreciation of the handmade lifestyle. It is an honor to share the Redefine artists of 2011.
• 1 On Pinch Pots: Michael McDowell
• 2 On Rag Weaving: Susan Johnson
• 3 On Slumping: Brian Western
• 4 On Ceramics: PearsonMaron
• 5 On Hand Dyeing: Liane Tyrell
• 6 On Butterflying: David Wolfgram
• 7 On Watercolor: Cathy Cullis
• 8 On Found Objects: Dolan Geiman
• 9 On Block Printing: Jesse Breytenbach
• 10 On Needle Felting: Lisa Jordan
• 11 On Screen Printing: Sara Selepouchin
* * *
Welcome to Re-Nest's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)