Pressed for a desk? No need to stress. Turn your sights away from the über-expensive offerings of that West Elm catalog in your lap and look up. At your closet doors. If you want go get a great office desk for cheap, reuse what you've got and make a desk from a door, like these folks.
It's easy! Just find, buy or pull off a door, then add some legs. Hardware store sawhorses, pre-fab IKEA legs—whatever.
Crafting a door desk couldn't be easier, and the results are the perfect mix of clean lines and vintage wabi sabi:
- Flickr member Felipe Neves's $50 desk is the result of an old freebie door and two $25 pine sawhorses.
- This long, lean desk is the result of one throw-away closet door and two clever DIY'ers (Sherry and John of Young House Love). Check the whole project out here: Closet Door Destined for Junk Yard Lives Again as Desk.
- This desk is the perfect fit for the vintage vibe of the & Unlimited Dogs photography studio, featured here: Beautiful Computer Desk Made from Old Door.
- Way to reuse! This rotten door was hollowed and filled in with scrap wood for a unique dining room workspace. Check it out here: Rotten Old Door Becomes New Computer Desk.
- This total DIY from Sticks and Bricks uses only half of a door to carve out a a cute and compact workspace.