While many people gravitate toward mellow blues and soft yellows for their bedrooms, red and white bedding is a colorful classic for those who prefer a bold dose of color. Since it's a well-loved colorway rather than a passing trend, there are tons of patterns available, which means you can easily find one that will match the style of your home and the bedroom furniture you have already. Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. West Elm's Jaipur quilt and shams will fit in well in both modern and traditional homes. On sale for $15-$95 at West Elm.
2. John Robshaw's gorgeous Medallion bedding would look great on a sleek platform bed. $100-$590 at John Robshaw.
3. These Circle Round sheets can add a small shot of pattern when paired with a solid-colored duvet. $68-$269 at Anthropologie.
4. Plaid bedding from IKEA picks up on a trend while looking extra cozy for winter nights. $30 at IKEA.
5. Dwell Studio's Hedgerow Persimmon bedding is already a modern classic. Duvet Set on sale for $198 at Dwell Studio.
Bottom row, left to right:
6. The flowers on this Fiore Reverse Print Quilt are sweet and contemporary. $239-$279 at Gaiam.
7. Dramatic pink and red flowers will cheer you up on groggy mornings. $65-$395 at Plover Organics.
8. Greek Key bedding is reminiscent of the bedding in high-end hotels. $58-$168 at Williams-Sonoma.
9. Nicola Lattice Stripe sheets would go well with mid-century decor. $25-$110 at Garnet Hill.
10.DKNY's City Clover sheets would look especially pretty on a dark wood bed. $30-$130 at Bed, Bath & Beyond.