Some may insist it's the recent record high temperatures, but I truly do love winter better. Ask me now, during a heat wave and a drought. Or ask me later this year, in the middle of a blizzard. I will always like cold weather better than hot. Which has me really excited about this dream escape to a simple yet well-appointed cabin in Lapland:
1) The Northern Lights as featured in an article on magnetic fields in The Smithsonian.
2) About the only time I want to be surrounded by all knotty-wood walls is in a snug little cabin north of the Arctic Circle. As long as everything else is simple, walls like these by Noricasa Design & Construction are beautiful.
3) wood stove by Rais
4) bed by Hästens...
5) ... with comforter by Scandia Down
6) and reading material by Robertson Davies.
7) Sheepskin Rug from Pottery Barn
8) Artek Lounge Chair 43 by Alvar Aalto
(Images: as linked above, collage by Regina Yunghans)