Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- San Francisco, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- We have a two year old and the rest of the house is leather, colorful and wipeable. I missed my old life with white texture so this room got a makeover. This is my retreat.
The white down comforter and deep dark walls with hardly anything on them are so serene.
Our king bed takes up most of the room, but we don't do much in there but sleep and get dressed, so we don't need more room than that.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Since our house is tiny, our room has to be organized. We used kitchen cabinet bases from ikea to solve the storage problems in our house. We have two small closets in our entire house and three (soon to be four) people - and this room doesn't have room for a dresser.
Our bed is organic latex and was WELL worth the investment. We feel safe sleeping with our little guy with no flame retardants in our room. The paint is also zero VOC (which goes on really nicely too).
I'm also just a purger - if it doesn't have a place, it goes to goodwill. Even if we love it.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- In our teeny bedroom, there's no room for any of that. We do spend a lot of time in there reading and chatting after our son goes to sleep. We have book rests next to our bed and cozy lighting that makes it a snuggle zone. We also have an excessive amount of pillows.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat