Name: Reid (6) & Ivy (3)
Location: Prospect New Town (Longmont), Colorado
My children had carefully designed individual rooms with pieces that were special to each of them. I spent a lot of time making them just right, so you can imagine how tough it was to make a move to a home with one less bedroom. Decorating their room meant more than just merging current pieces. It was a balance of taking the stuff they each loved, plus adding some more pieces that make sense for a mixed age/mixed gender room.
When my daughter made the transition out of her crib, we had to come up with a way to still utilize the full size bed we loved, so we moved my son up to a loft and gave her the bed. They love their space, and actually elected to stay in it versus take over the guest room when we gave them that offer. Besides sleeping, this is a space for imaginative play, reading, and artistic expression. We all love hanging out in there!
- Full bed: Restoration Hardware Industrial Cart platform bed
- Loft: custom made
- Dresser: Craigslist with two coats chalkboard paint and new knobs
- Bookcase: IKEA Billy with fabric backing
- Bookshelves: IKEA Ribba ledges
- Star Wars print: Society6
- Rug: Thing Industries Spotted Beast rug
- Clock: Modern Moose
- Striped rug: CB2