While the idea of using embroidery hoops as decor might seem a bit too granny-chic, when used with a tongue in cheek sensibility and a modern application of color and pattern these relics from past days can have a decidedly modern appeal.
1. This easy to recreate DIY featuring liberty of London prints makes for an eye catching wall of mixed prints. Via Purl Bee
2. A collection of larger hoops makes for a unique take on a bulletin board. Via Lushlee
3. A wall of layered hoops plays off this living room's playful vintage vibe. Via A Cultivated Nest
4. Colorful hoops are suspended from the ceiling of a nursery in a unique riff on a mobile. Via Design Dazzle
5. Go three dimensional with these felt flower embellished hoops by Dashing Ect on Etsy. Via Scoutie Girl
(Images: as linked above)